Baldwin Belting & Leather Co. dates from 1925, and was originally located at 69 Warren St. in New York City. (Click for ad from 1928.)
From 1932 until 1946 they were in business at 85-87 Chambers St. (Click for ad from 1945.)
The name changed to Baldwin Belting, Inc. in 1944. They moved into this building at 286-300 Spring St. in 1965, and remained here until going out of business in 1989.
Principals in 1945 were Preston de Grauw Baldwin, pres.; Hazel R. Baldwin, sec.; Corinne A. Sherman, treas.; Felix Einingis, supt.
In 1934 their product was advertised as Oak Tanned Leather Belting.
In 1961 the products were Flat Leather Belting for Power Transmissions; Flat Rubber Belting Transmission, Conveying and Elevating; also Fabric Belting, Round Belting, V-Belting, Leather Packing, Belt Lacing; All Types of Rubber Hose.
For later images of Baldwin click here
Copyright © 2001 Walter Grutchfield