Keal's Carriage, 47th St. at Broadway, New York, 1998
Joseph A. Keal's carriage manufactory was located at 97 & 99 Charles St. in Greenwich Village in 1872-73, then moved uptown to Broadway in 1874. He remained in business in and around this corner of 47th St. and Broadway until 1880. The sign was approaching (or exceeded) 120 years old when it was revealed briefly during new construction in 1998.
Copyright © 2001 Walter Grutchfield